Vampires - An Xmas Present From My Daughter -Warhammer And Pathfinder

 Well, Xmas has a lot of red in it and vampires have red armor and spill a lot the incarnadine around so what better present for Xmas? Lexie surprised me with some wargame presents. She even checked with Ken, the local Warhammer plus seller, to see what paint I bought most of and it turned out to be red! So a bottle of red paint accompanied my present.

The vampires are from the Warhammer Chasm series and game. I knew, and know, next to nothing about it, although I do have some Warhammer Undead units and the Vampire codex. I usually game with 1/32 and adapt elements of Warhammer rules to games with no Warhammer figures. However, I have left things open to play with actual Warhammer figures. It would feel very strange with moves half the distance I use with my larger scale. The 28mm scale figures would just seem to be swallowed up on my large tables and they would get plenty of 'March Moves' (double movement when no enemy are in the vicinity) something I never use with my larger figures as their normal movement is greater than a smaller scale march move anyway.

Anyhow, whether I actually game with them or not they are exquisite figures. I have already done most of the assembly on a male and a female vampire. One thing I learnt from the male was that I needed to assemble the head with the torso before the latter's two halves were assembled. I had to force open the torso after gluing the halves. I have glued most of the pieces but decided to assemble add pieces after painting.

BELOW: Warhammer vampires: The figures are a bit taller than 28mm, reflecting the heroic nature of the characters. I especially love the detail on the bases.



       The statue head is my favorite part of the set. If it was a person rather than a statue it would be about 1/24 scale. The face is beautiful.
  Alexi also bought the related set of cards I am yet to open. From the one card I could read I can see I would have to do a lot of background reading of the game context to make sense.

BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE - Humans and half orcs from Pathfinder Battles.


Two of these figures I actually bought, earlier in the year for Lexie. Those were a barmaid and female dancer. I didn't get around to painting them for her but now they are close to the work bench, along with the new figures.

Below: Half orc female warriors. Just how do these bestial humanoids come into being? Maybe it is best not to ask.

   Lexi knew I like to collect unusual dice. I don't know if I'll use them in a game but they are certainly unusual.
                                                        Barmaid, dancer and dryad.
                                                            Dryad with transparent nymph


Comments

Popular Posts