April Workbench New Figure Repaints And An Omnibus Gets A Driver

 For those who fret about having untidy workbenches have no fear; look at mine and feel better! What it does mean is I easily misplace things, often for a very long time. The plus side is it keeps my creative brain waves working overtime as I cast my eyes over the assorted chaos - especially good for when I am making Chaos warriors! That is my joke for today, a pretty poor one but anyway...

 As usual my pics came out, on the page in reverse order. 

First up is one of my two Airfix omnibuses. I used them once or twice in battle as troop transports for my Gerolstein army. As I recall, they were attacked by trolls, Minotaurs and Bloodletters (kind of red winged demons) when Gerolstein sent an expeditionary force to the land of Chaos. (For those wondering there was one victory for Chaos and one for Gerolstein).

   Anyhow, here is my favorite bugler next to the omnibus with its new driver.

             The driver was one of the metal figures I had sent to me from New Zealand.
  Those windows look dirty - must be some condensation inside from the troops (or sticky glue smeared fingers have left their mark. I bought the buses years ago but already assembled. I just gave them the green paint jobs).


  So here is the workbench! First up are a couple of figures I picked up at the recent ACOTS Convention. The left hand one, for some reason, had brown pants. I repainted them, the hat, neckerchief and hat, face... well everything except the shirt! I think he is an officer, so I still need to paint his shoulder rank bars.

  He has the weird pose of an arrow or broken off spear piercing his side at an angle that indicates it came from the direction of the ground. I guess the Indian brave could have been hiding under some dead grass or something.

  There is no brand on him but he looks like a typical Cherilea pose and larger size. Does anyone know? In any case he will be displayed with my Cherilea ACW and Indian Wars figures. The right hand figure is Starlux (French mountain soldier). I repainted the face and equipment as well as tidying the paint job on the beret.

Next: some metal figures. The old Britains is there as a size indicator. The two wizards I bought from Bob for a reasonable $5 each, reasonable as they had their paint intact. However, I repainted one grey beard black and re-did the faces so they have proper eyes now. I also repainted the skulls on the staffs so one is metal and the other remained white but both have the eyes sockets blackened. I also added some symbols to the hats and added some paint work to the necklace thingies.
  Next are some smaller scale plastic firemen. They look like matchbox smaller scale or copies of them but I don't know. I painted over the white helmets to make them brass colored. I also painted the faces and buttons. The blue plastic I left as is. I repainted the trousers on the figures on the ends. 

  I am starting to collect more figures in this size (about 40mm) with the object of using them for Munckins and Gillikins in my Land of Ozzz. These men could function as artillery men.




                                       The two Eastern looking musicians were also bought, at Easter ACOTS and from Bob for the same $5 price. They will enter service in my Fezian fantasy army. I have given them decent eyes and added a little facial detail but most of the rest of the paintwork is as I found them.


  Plastic and metal: left West German crossbowman bought at ACOTS and painted. King James of Beerstein has been, in earnest, recruiting crossbowmen so any extra are appreciated. The right hand figure was one of the swag I got from my New Zealand order. He lacked a right arm so I gave him one from my spares box. He now has a magazine rifle so he is meant to be an armed civilian around 1900 or so. He could be a rebel, civilian volunteer, Boer etc. I imagine him defending Britain/Redia from an invasion. 
  Also, here is the driver I got from NZ, complete with new paintjob.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts