Britains Hollowcast Royal Marines Repaired And repainted

 Another three figures from my metal haul. I like the Royal Marines, it must be the helmets and also some nostalgia from my childhood when a friend had lone Star plastic ones that we played with as they fought his Timpo cowboys.

These particular marines are the last version made by Britains in hollowcast. the earlier ones had ammunition boxes and cross-belts. There were also some done with the earlier slimmer tropical helmets. a rare range was also briefly done in khaki uniforms.

They are almost completely repainted but in original colors and semi mat (or semi-gloss) finish.

The repairs were to the far right figure who lacked a complete rifle, so I replaced the whole arm with a home casting. However, it is glued in place so it cannot be moved like the original. The officer also gained a replacement right arm.

Some of the original paint work on faces is still there but I did paint on leather chin straps. The shoes are mat acrylic paint, so I'll varnish them to match the satin enamel paints.


Comments

Popular Posts