From Hulk To Giant

                 He is not very recognizable as the Hulk here except for the anger management issues.



                 Here he is undercoated but before I decided to make additional changes.


   The actual stones were covered with plasticene to stop undercoat covering them. Why paint real rocks when their natural color can't be surpassed? The stones serve the purpose of ensuring the giant, who leans forward to look at the Littluns, does not topple over.
  The long hair was my first major addition. For size comparison here he is with a Warhammer 40k ork.

                                           Here the comparison is with a 54mm Marx Roman.







                         Then I decided a giant needs a beard and a fur draped around him.

 
                           I also gave the giant some putty nipples! Just why did the Hulk lose his nipples?

             The Littlun piper usually summons rats but he had tried out a different tune.

The fur 'skirt' or kilt was added because I wasn't happy with the fillings I did on the jointed parts. However, I must not have mixed it in completely equal parts as it was refusing to set. I coated it with contents from two tubes of Super Glue and this hardened it.

  On balance I am fairly happy with the results, especially the face with the new monstrous noggin. The fur 'skirt' ended up looking weird but he is a giant so he can be any kind of weird.

Comments

  1. I'm really digging him! a GREAT giant! all he needs is an old tree for a club, and maybe a brace of cows hanging from a rope belt on his skirt and he's ready for Ral Partha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I do love that face, the big round nose is perfect! He's not such a bad guy really, he likes puppies, and long walks, and is a good listener.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to put something suitable in his hand, maybe a net for catching littluns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has turned out very nicely indeed.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great conversion. Did you remodell him with 'green-stuff'?
    What attack and saving values does he get on the table?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beard and part of the hair was done with Green Stuff. A different putty was used for the rest. The rules for giants I tend to borrow from Warhammer. Giants have low initiative and tend to go last unless they just charged. They have high strength and toughness so are good for battering down castle gates and squashing littluns. I forget how many wounds and attacks the giant has. I also give them a 'stomp' rule - D3 additional wounds to enemy at end of combat. When he dies I roll the direction dice to see which way he falls and squashes those underneath! Warhammer has some rules for special attacks such as with club, putting littluns in the giant's pockets, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts