Converted Crossbowmen Painted

 I wanted more Beersteiner crossbowmen but forgot and started painting a blue tunic so one of them is a Bogavanian. It is not an absolutely hard rule but my Beersteiners tend to have a predominance of red and yellow and the Bogavanians an emphasis on blue and white.

   I am reasonably happy with the results. These are made and painted for a fantasy campaign so a bonus is I don't need to stress about them being 100% accurate. The crossbows probably look a little like modern ones rather than medieval.

    The clothing also looks a little like a cross between medieval and 1600s, which is fine as the fantasy forces are a mixture of medieval and horse and musket era.

   I think the cloaks worked out okay and it s an easy way to cover modern military equipment. The putty folds improved the initial, underlying gloops of hot glue.

  The modern helmets, minus goggles and painted silver were kind of a perverse provocation on my part. I actually wanted some evidence that the figures began as modern infantry. On the other hand, modern helmets evolved from ancient and medieval designs so, even historically speaking. they are not that out of place. However, I think I like the figures with hoodies the best, especially the blue one.

  I'll most likely add green flock to the Beersteiners but the Bogavanian can join castle defence so I'll leave off the flock.





Comments

Popular Posts