Horrors From The Work Bench - A Zombie Unicorn Gets Wings, A house Gets Legs And Witch Fingers Sprout From The Ground

 A pile of Halloween purchases have inspired a number of projects.

  Below: The bird bone legs came from a skeleton Raven. The initially, hooded, sorcerer has many fathers. He started off as a 65mm fantasy figure, Safari brand, I think. I decided he was much too tall and cut off the end of the legs but then he was too short, so I added some Green Stuff to return some height.

  Next, I decided that his head was too big and his arms too long. I have quite a few spare parts from my 40K days and decided to try some Ork arms. Even though GW is a much smaller scale than 1/32 the Orks have especially large arms and weapons. The arms work! A putty haversack or belt bag was added for little nicknacks, like eyes of newts, nose of...You get the picture. Next I found a tyranid, swarmy, wormy thing and added it to the right hand. The metal head is a spare from Artefact Miniatures 7th Cavalry figures. I added Green Stuff to make it have a pointy crown.

  I haven't decided on all the colors yet. However, I think I'll make this fellow a necromancer for the undead army. I'll most likely give him black clothes and pale complexion. I might add a goaty putty beard.

      

The undead unicorn has wings now. They came from a skeleton bat. Toilet paper soaked in PVA was added and also coated in some silicone. A Lido knightly horse is shown for scale. The other object is a collection of witch fingers glued to a DVD.

                         Oh no, the chickens, Rossetta and Henny have gone on the attack!


                                                     But the unicorn is undead, after all.




                  Here is a bunch of Technolog orcs, elf, reptilian and goofy robot undercoated.
                                                   Now what were the bird legs attached to?
    In addition to witch fingers there is a real skull. I found it in the duck's shed. It might be a possum skull. I soaked it in water and bleach to clean it. The thing is, don't soak small skulls and bones too long in bleach or they will get brittle.

                                                       Puck, puck, puck!








The house on legs was inspired by an Eastern European fairy tale. The building is a resin fairy one. It would look ok in my OZZZ land. In fact I saw something similar used in the Wars of Ozz site on their Facebook.

The wizard might appear in my next campaign when Beerstein goes to war with Necrolia. The unicorn could be a Terrorgheist mount for a vampire. (See Warhammer Vampire Counts). I have to start thinking of what figures to use for the vampire riders and how they will sit.

I have more work, including painting, on these projects but you can see how a bit of lateral thinking in choice of parts origins and imagination can produce interesting pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts