Converting ElastoWit Figures

 Recently I have been experimenting in casting from resin and using glycerin and gelatin to make the molds. The figures I have been casting include old plastics from the 1960s and also some Elastowit. figures that I wanted to convert or modify but to keep the originals. The following are the Elastowit ones.

  Below is an Elastowit monk in the center and two copies I made with new heads. The one at left is intended as a Beersteiner one. The one at right is a Fezian priest. The heads were Hong Kong swoppet cowboy and Historex Napoleonic head - I forget which was which - both having Green Stuff additions.

  The original figure has a flintlock pistol in his hands, but this was not apparent in the copies.

   Below is one of the Elastowit Space Opera shark aliens. I decided I wanted some that I could also use in Sword and Sorcery scenarios so dispensed with the ray guns. The one at left has a Yowie crab claw. His right hand is drilled out so I can give him a sword. The arms came from some cheapo ancient Greeks and the shield from an old fantasy and SF set. The clothing color represents leather armor and blue camo, a bit modern for Sword and Sorcery but it is what I want it.

   They could be 'sea people', mutants, crazy sorcerer or scientist experiments, aliens or fishy Beast Men. The claw could count almost like an organic power claw with extra strength but going last in combat.

   These are all resin copies of Elastowit Zera from The Planet of the Apes. The one on the left has a HK swoppet Indian head. Her hands and feet were trimmed down but the hands need more work as they look too flat. The hair is from Green Stuff. The figure at right has been given a leopard head. It ended up looking like a bear head, so this is either Mrs. Bear from Goldilocks and The Three Bears or a Beast Man's wife!

Comments

  1. Impressive!
    Very nice conversions. Makes me wanna try some molding my self....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts