Some June Paintjobs, Conversions and Resin Results

 I have been working on a fairly wild mix of figures.

First up: Another resin copy of a Lone Star Mexican. The second one is unbased and has the light green poncho. I painted his clothes grey as per the Rurales (paramilitary police) but he could be just about anything from early 19th century onwards. Now I can see a couple of spots where painting needs fixing.

  This is a Lone Star figure I did NOT have as a child but if I had it it would have been a favorite!



  next s another double-headed mutant based on the ElastWit figure. The second one has more human skin tones and, this time, a firearm. That came from my Warhammer 40K spares box and is a Space Ork arm. The funny thing is that although the Warhammer figures are a much smaller scale some races have greatly 'oversized' arms, notably the orks/orcs; this means their arms translate onto muscly 54mm human or mutant figures.

  Below is a copy of Timmee modern Vietnam era American, although the helmet shape is more bowl shaped, like a WW2 German paratrooper. The next figure is an ElastoWit American frontiersman who has taken on some Indian style clothing.

  The fellow at right is an unusual plastic figure and was probably intended as a fireman but the Adrian helmet made him useful for WW1 French. I am assuming him to be an artilleryman or pioneer or just a regular infantryman doing some manual tasks with a rope. He has put his weapon and equipment down somewhere. He has a sort of transitional uniform style. On the other hand, he is part of my Blusian army, so he doesn't have to be 100% historical.

There are a lot of other figures, nearly complete that I have been working on for several weeks. I'll feature them in a later post.

Comments

  1. Great paint-jobs James!
    You are very efficient painting your miniatures. I've been using like 3 mounts to paint just a handfull...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roger. By mounts do you mean you glue them to something to enhance handling? I don't normally do that. I tend to have a least ten figures on the go for painting. So then, when I have a certain color on the brush, I just paint all the items on each figure that have that color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts