August 2024 Work Bench - a Bit of Everything


As usual, I wander off one project and start another. I once read that one of my childhood heroes, Leonardo da Vinci, was the same so I am in good company.

Below:
I keep adding details to my skeleton regiments, but they are not finished and won't be for a while. They are on active service so are needed before they all get shields and so on. Anyhow, so far, I have added flags, more paint work and now, a musical instrument. Earlier I made these for the infantry and now a cavalryman has one. These are made from small dinosaur tails. I also have, in my head, plans for a drummer!

   They came out a bit dark but these are some cheapo modern infantry that I thought had a bit of an SF feel. I really like the helmets and sun shades. In any case I painted them with blue skin as in the comic, Rogue Trooper. The comics are by the same people who put out 2000AD and Judge Dredd. In the Rogue Trooper stories, the soldiers are genetically engineered. Why this made their skin blue I don't recall but it looks cool.

   The arms on one pose look abnormally long and, for some reason, not holding weapons.  I have yet to decide what those figures will carry but possibly spare weapons from Warhammer 40K.

                                          The actual workbench! In the foreground is the archbishop I featured unpainted earlier. He obviously doesn't trust exclusively in prayers and has some weapon backup. His left hand was lost in an exorcism gone wrong. In the background is a Beersteiner standard bearer in Italian Wars of unification, British volunteer, style uniform. He is intended for a later 19th century era we have not yet reached in our campaigns. There are a couple of resin halberd Renaissance men that I cast from Prince August molds. I was disappointed in their small size but I might use them as Munchkins!

     The barrels from a recently 1/35 purchased kit and a couple of French-looking civilians appear in grey plastic. There is a Star Wars figure I am painting in my own 'Warlord' blue paint scheme. The mameluke has been converted to be a standard bearer for the Fezian forces. There is also another variation on the converted Crescent standard bearer, this time with beret. A metal copy I made of the plastic British Timpo heavy cavalry is at bottom right.

 Out of the chaos of the workbench comes ... a bit of everything.


Comments

  1. Wonderful imaginative use of figures. I try not to get overwhelmed by an untidy scattergun approach...but fail badly sometimes. On my painting desk are knights, ecw, space figures, civilians and ww1 british, oh and boer war civ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts