Trip to Canberra

I have been painting AIP Zulus to sell at the ACOTS convention at Easter.

 Aso I have been painting AIP WW1 French, one unit in horizon blue and the other in an experimental uniform of 1911. The latter consisted of a light greygreen overcoat and Adrian helmet and red trousers. The tunic was dark blue. The ovecoat was like the usual French greatcoat and had red fringed epaulettes and red cuff tab with three buttons. The helmet had a narrow red horizontal band and a vertical red band running downthe middle of each side. The ridge was bronze. I like the contrast betwee the desire to retain 19th century colours and the need to use drab colours to minimize clarity of target. Anyway, although it probably did not see combat it is suitable for fictional pre- WW1 games as practiced by Paul Wright's Funny Little Wars Yahoo group. (Incidentally, Padre Wright's sequel to his Funny Little Wars rules book is nearing completion.)
My medieval game has been put on hold a I prepare for my trip to Canberra. I'll be setting off on Saturday to travel and camp in NSW on my way to the ACOTS convention so this might be my next report in just over a week. I have not been posting so much lately as I have difficulties at present with my home modem.

Comments

Popular Posts