More Mexicans


On top of the wall BMC Spaniards used as Mexicans.


Tijuana Rurales

Assorted Zorros from Kinder Egg and Dulcop. The one with the whip is converted from a Britains Detail cowboy based on a conversion article in an early Plastic Warrior.   The mounted Zorro is by Reisler.     

                                                     

Peasants


Alamo period Mexican cavalry

Grenadiers of the Supreme Power 1840s converted from BMC Mexicans and Airfix Napoleonic British




Dismounted Mexican irregular cavalry

Dismounted dragoons 1830s-1840s from Marx and Dulcop

Comments

  1. James, These are fun figures. I really like the Grenadiers of the Supreme Power.

    Where did you get the 1/32 scale train? Is that a Christmas display train?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The train is by Timpo in the 1970s and, as far as I know, is a collectable not made any more.

    Thanks for the comment about the grenadiers. The only conversion work necessary on most of them was the addition of a putty hat. I was immediately drawn to this uniform when I saw it in an Osprey book. Many years after I made them I read in one uniform book that the fur hats may have only been worn on parade. Sources are not always in greement on uniform details so I'll go with what looks good - I'm not going to lop off their heads and give them shakoes. Apparently there was also a blue uniform worn with the fur hats - not sure if it was the same regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm looking for a few 1/32 scale boxcars. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts