Four legged Tripod


I bought this Star Wars walker from a Melbourne bazaar last weekend. It reminded me of the War of the Worlds tripods except that it has four legs instead of three. The 4th hussars look a little under gunned.      

I read the War of the Worlds when I was about thirteen, after finding the old Penguin white and orange edition thrown out. I have read it three or four times and I have seen the two films. What has always disappointed me is that the films were never set in the original time of late 19th century described by H G Wells. With the current cult of steam punk it might be time to do a new film version.                                                                                                                                                                                    

Comments

  1. Yes! We need a VICTORIAN version. There is a poor one on DVD somewhere but with CGI and some plot excuse of a why an 1899 invasion isn't in the history books. The League of Extraordinary Gentle comic covered it. The touring Rock Opera of War Of The Worlds redone from the 1970s has simple CGI animation as part of the show.

    The recent Tom Cruise version had some thrills AND ended in Boston (near me) with some nods to local geography except adding the "Minuteman" statue where there is none. The movie destroyed a particularly ugly part of New Jersey that I have been to. Just fine with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts