From Santa to Sultan



On my recent trip to Phillip Island where I found my plastic Statue of Liberty I also found a clay Santa reposed. Of all things I thought of a Sultan for the Sultanate of Fez. You can see here the original Santa and the conversion. I still have to make his hookah. I haven't decided on a colour scheme yet.

The sultan will compliment my growing Army of Fez, which has as its starting point my AIP Egyptians. I'll be featuring these in a future post.

Well. here he is, in all his decadent corpulence.
The serving and dancing girl are Phoenix metal figures. The girl in pink pants is a Disney figure re-painted.
Unfortunately my camera does not take good close ups so I'll see if I can borrow my friend's camera.

This is a clearer photo - at last- which shows the rather wonky hookah, made from two beads, some wire and putty.

Comments

Popular Posts