Herosaurus or Zombie Dragon?

I have been contemplating for some time the possibility of making cheap zombie dragons. For those who are unfamiliar with Warhammer zombie dragon are undead dragons brought back to life by vampires wanting to ride in style. Instead of fire they breethe putrid breath and, incidentally, are suurounded by flies, that conveniently hinder the attacks of enemies.
Originally it was going to be for my 28mm, actual Warhammer figures, but now i amearnestly wargaming Warhammer without Warhammer figures and in 54mm scale. I have a number of toy plastic dragons of various sizzes and dozens of dinosaurs but yesterday I came across some herosauruses! They were in the local clearance shop, Sam's Warehouse and selling for just over four dollars. There were two varieties, the difference being in the head shape. They are snap together and come in fancy boxes.
I bought two because, although not as detailed as the Warhammer ones the price is attractive. (The Warhammer ones are about ninety five dollars. Some putty additions - tongues and saddles will do wonders. I may replace the wings with bigger ones from other toys. I'm tempted to buy some more for bits - skulls for my Dark Eldar or Ork vehicles in 40K and the rest for scenic piles of bones.
Shown are the dragons with 28mm and 54mm figures for size comparison.





 

Comments

Popular Posts