Skeletons conversions





Whilst waiting for next weekend's continuation of battle I decided to modify some of the skeletons. I have already changed quite a few, the main problem being the position of the shield. Like many toy soldiers the shield is held outwards instead of covering the chest; apparently it is easier to make them this way.

Previously I had cut of the arms and reattached them. This time I used a heated screwdriver. Eventually I got the technique right. Place the end of the screwdriver between rib cage and arm pushed over. Hold a few seconds and then remove the screwdriver, still firmly holding the arm and body together. It's quicker than cutting and gluing. The arms are already flexible so it isn't too difficult and distortion on the arms is not noticeable - it might not look right on normal 'fleshed' and clothed arms.

I did this over the kitchen gas stove. Two side affects were the stink of melted plastic and an extraordinary flame. Keep your fans on if you do this. The flame itself was bright green; I thought I could hear an insane vampiric cackling in the distance.........

I also added some flags. These are photocopied enlargements from sticker Warhammer flags from an old playset. The Imperial archers have their own flag too - they'll need all their courage to face down the advancing undead hordes.

Comments

  1. I just finished some of the Skeletons at "casualties" and a few mounted archers. This is a GREAT toy line. Good detail, poses, and CHEAP! The shield conversions you did really work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott. The only thing that still annoys me are the bendy spears so I'll be replacing most of those with wire ones. James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts