David Palmer's Roman Game


 









Prior to driving to Adelaide David Palmer and I played an ancient wargame. I was the Romans and David was the commander of the rebellious province. I won the dice roll to decide who would set up or go first. I elected to go second but set up last.

I attempted a fast push on my left with cavalry and medium infantry whilst the rebel forces pushed on my weaker right flank with chariots and cavalry. I succeed in destroying opposing cavalry on my left but was stalled in further advance by terrain. My medium infantry were destroyed by enemy heavy infantry. On my right the rebels pushed forward with cavalry chariots and infantry and my forces were gradually worn down. Only my cavalry survived to take the news of the disaster to Rome.

Comments

Popular Posts