My Wargames: Warhamer 40k and Dark Eldar Army List

Every week, on a Thursday night I participate in wargames at the local Sale Games Workshop, called the Epic Centre. Ken, who owns the shop is a keen hobbyist and very helpful to anyone in the hobby or interested in starting.

We have just begun a Warhammer 40k campaign. The two sides are Defenders (the Imperium, consisting of Imperial Guard and Space Marines) and Attackers, consisting of just about everyone else. People pair off to play their individual games with each victory awarding two points to a team. I played with 1500 points of Dark Eldar. Currently I'm using a very mobile and shooty army, packed with disintegrators, Dark Lances and blasters. I used three units of ten Kabalite warriors, each with a splinter cannon and blaster and transported on Raiders. Eight of the elite Incubi are with the haemonculus who is equipped with a husk blade. I also have five Kabalite Trueborn, also an elite choice, who are armed with four blasters and a Venom with retro jets for deep strike.
For those who aren't familiar with Dark Eldar vehicles the Raiders and Venoms are open topped skimmers that are fast but have limited armour.  I equip them with is night shields and flicker fields that reduced enemy weapons ranges by six inches and give vehicles a cover save of 5+.

For heavy support I have three Ravagers. These also have the shields and flicker fields. Against armies with few vehicles I generally give them disintegrators. Each Ravager can move twelve inches and shoot all its weapons which gives it nine shots at strength fives and AP2. As with the other skimmers their shooting is at normal ballistic skill even after this move, which, with Dark Eldar means hits on three plus.

The first game of the campaign was against space marines. I was lucky enough to get first move and shot up the enemy terminators and war boss, killing all of them in a few moves. At the end of five moves there was little left of the space marines except for one dreadnaught and a flyer. I had lost a couple of warriors, one Ravager and a raider. (One raider and transported unit I forgot to include so I even had a weaker force!) The Venom deep striked and finished off the terminators with blasters from the Kabalite Trueborn. None of us had the objectives but I had first blood, line breaker and kill the warlord whilst the Space Marines had line breaker only.

This weekend I also played a game on my large wargame table against Mat's Chaos space marines. Fortunately, for my we had night fighting first move. (Dark Eldar have night vision.) Most things were out of range first move anyway.
My Venom deep striked in move three and the four Kabalite with blasters made short work of the defiler, followed by a dreadnaught and a small unit of infantry. The disintegrators on the Raiders and Ravagers chewed up the infantry in the centre of the board after their Rhino had been destroyed. After eight moves all Chaos units were destroyed as opposed to no Dark Eldar, except for a lost hull point here or there.

 

Comments

Popular Posts