My zouaves

Last year I bought about forty assorted plastic zouaves. I thought i would save some time with the painting but the AIP ones I got off Ebay lacked proper undercoating and overcoating as well as a basic paint job. Pieces of paint were coming off, especially along the mould lines and muskets. It took some PVA coating and extra painted detail, not to mention basing until I was happy with the figures. I would have taken nearly as much time if I had started with unpainted figures.

The two new units are in the medium blue whilst the darker blue units are ones I painted from scratch. The unit on the road is mostly Paul Clarke metal figures I have painted.

I use these figures for ACW Union, although I could also use them for Confederates. I have used them for French and Fezians/Turks.



Comments

Popular Posts