How to defeat a Space Wolves space pod army with Dark Eldar

I played Keith's Space Wolves  again and this tie well and this time beat them. Drop pods are almost as annoying to Dark Eldar as indirect fire big templates. Keith came n entirely from reserve, something my Dark Eldar used to do before the rules changed. This brought his dogs close and he managed to bring most in without scattering his drop pods and doing so right in cover.
My tactic was to seek to gain the two objectives in cover and to have fields of fire towards the two objectives in cover. Also I concentrated my Raiders and three Ravagers so that they could support each other against individual units that came in close. Wolves and Marines fear Ap2 weapons and that is just what they faced, especially disintegrators. In addition, my three units of Raider mounted Cabalites managed to use rapid fire plus their Splinter Cannons and blasters. The blasters all missed but everything else did their jobs. Even with three plus saves against splinter weapons so much fire power reduce Wolf numbers. And, of course, the disintegrators reduced saves to invulnerables or cover.
My Incubi with Haemonculi charged the one unit in the ruin but then the dog turned up from the last lot of drop pods and put in enough fire power to reduce them to two and my HQ. My Haemonculi then left the unit and joined a disembarked unit of Cabalites. They, along with another Raider mounted unit reduced the Woves. My remaining Incubi charged in and killed the Wolf warlord! The rest of the unit was demolished by fire power.
Meanwhile my wyhes had destroyed a Drednaught with their haywire grenades. One unit of wyches died from a long running melee with the WOlves. The other survived to shoot up another unit of wolves when combined with Cabalite fire and Raider disintegrator.
Against Space Marines and Wolves I prefer the disintegrators to Dark Lances but arm three vehicles with them to use against vehicles.
So far I have found Imperial Guard and Eldar the most difficult to defeat and in that order.

Comments

Popular Posts