Daisy and Ducky get a pond in 1/32

I like to include plenty of animals in my toy soldier world. I had two ducks on a single base from China. One of the ducks I cut off the base and the remaining I painted the remainder base as a grey rock. I gave the ducks a thin black wash and later dry brushed with white. I added the marvelous blue eyes and pupils. I painted some light red around the eyes and beak to show they are Muscovy ducks.
The pond came with the toy building and I repainted the base of it blue as it was now black from an earlier spray paint job.. I used some PVA lightly tinted blue and green and coated over the blue base. For good measure I took some tiny floating weeds from my fish tank and embedded them in the PVA. After a couple of days of drying I added a thick coat of gloss varnish. I also glued and painted some pebbles around the edge. The ducks were glued in position so that one looks like he is drinking or foraging.
The house itself had to have the door edge evened out with some putty. I will need to make a door and a rear wall from card. I am not sure about the architecture but it looks nice on the table. I had initially spray painted the building black and then painted the building and the plants.






 

Comments

Popular Posts