My Confederate Army

My ACW game saw action recently with around 13 regiments a side. Since then I decided to get everything out to see what I have got. Next Easter I shall be hosting the ACOTS convention and will be doing an ACW game and Medieval games. The majority of the army is painted by myself. I exclude from the army unpainted figures but include Britains factory painted ones. I also cheated a little by using Britains Apaches as Confederate Indians. They would look more the part if I painted them mostly grey and butternut but I wanted to keep them as original and they also double as ... Apaches!
I am going to start with the 36 Confederate regiments and display the Union at a later date. I could extend the size of the army if I wanted to enlist cowboys and more Indians. In my last game I did use cowboys and others to man artillery as I have misplaced half my Confederate artillerymen!
                                                         Texan Infantry Brigades

                                                                 Missouri Infantry

                                           Quantrill's Raiders and other Cavalry
                                          Missouri and Arkansas Brigades

                                         




               Bedford Forest]s Cavalry, originally, Bob Bolton's. Historically they had grey uniforms rather than botternut.


                 Georgia Brigade, converted and painted from Britains Swoppet by Paul Clarke


                                                                     Sharpshooters




                                                                    Supply Train

                                                      Hispanic Confederates - 33rd Texas
                                                                  Twin Generals

Most of the army has a western theatre theme but more Eastern units (and generals) are included.
 

Comments

  1. That is an impressive collection. I love a "pass in review" set out. Sometimes you just need to see them all set out to see what you have.
    Good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts