Stage Coach From My Childhood

This plastic stagecoach survived innumerable toy holdups and marble attacks, although the spokes on one wheel are broken and a horses leg broken off. I had the toy as long as I can remember so it most likely dates to the early sixties. It has no brand markings on it and the driver and roof are removable. It is bigger than 1/32 but that did not stop me loading it up with 1/32 scale cereal packet copies of Cresent cowboys. It was robbed by the bandits of the same series and also dodged numerous Indian attacks. At some point it may also have served as the royal coach defended by metal and plastic guardsmen.




For size comparison I have placed some of my painted figures, left to right: Britains Detail, cereal packet copy of Cresent and Dulcop Van Cleef.

Comments

Popular Posts