Dark Elves Near Completion.

Over twelve months I have been intermittently slogging away at my Dark Elf army. Well, I had to hurry up recently as our local tournament is coming up and I had to submit points to the organiser, Brendan. It has been a couple of years since I had a brief go at Warhammer, as opposed to 40K which I play often. My previous efforts were with Vampire Counts which did well against Wood Elves. I'm now a bit vague on the rules so I'm having a practice game on Wednesday.

My list has quite a lot of core troops, twenty spearmen or Dreadspears, twenty swordsmen/Bleakswords and another of fifteen and a unit of fifteen Darkshards with repeater crossbows. I also have some tough rare and special stuff with not a he amount of points spent on heroes and none on magical items. I may regret the last but the truth is, there is so much to remember that the chances are I'd pay the points for the magic items and forget to use them.
I read that the harpies are nothing special but I like the look of them and enjoy having fast stuff so I have included a unit of ten which includes the GW and the Bones figures I previewed earlier. I also have a unit of Cold Ones because I like cavalry and I like dinosaurs! I have a Blood Shrine with Bloodwrack Medusa and Blood Cauldron too, the last to go with the unit of twenty witches. I have a Reaper bolt thrower artillery piece which will give long range support and a chariot with harpoon, which would be interesting to use as a monster killer, perhaps in support of my own monster. The monster I have is the new kharibdyss. I am bringing no lords but two heroes, these being a Hag and a sorceress upgraded to level two.

The figures are from a number of editions. My favourites are the resin witches and the most recent very athletic plastic ones. My core are made up of the older plastic Bleakswords and the old metal figures. The last are getting somewhat more of a rushed paint job because I am going crazy painting so many. I got them secondhand without shields and some bases. I bought a heap of shields from E-bay but the result is they are equipped with a mishmash of different shaped shields but at least they look unique.

I'll be posting some pics in a few days.


 

Comments

Popular Posts