A Week in Melbourne And The Resultant Figure Accumulation

I have just returned from a week in Melbourne. I was waiting for a family member to get out of hospital. in the meantime I was holed up in my mother's granny flat with a supply of figures to finish painting. I also went to the 'Little Wars' event at Moorabin Town Hall.

The event hosted numerous wargame tables, all of small scales with the exception of Dave Palmer's tables. He had a lot of figures for sale and I bought from him 16 Italeri Celts which he had painted. He did a good job on the shields and stripes but when I got them back to the flat I repainted all the skin, faces and eyes. I also got from him 20 Britains Saracens, originally painted as Persians by Steve Wardle for Brenton hoffman and later swapped to Dave. I liked the blue and yellow paint scheme but repainted the cloaks and faces to include a lighter skin color and eyes etc. Dave is in thinning collection mode and I bought a box of 130 figures from him, mostly consisting of fully or partially repainted Britains hollowcast ACW, working out to about 50c a figure. There were also some plastic ACW of various makes that I have begun converting into Paraguayans and Argentinians for the War of the Triple Alliance.

Dave's 54mm Napoleonic game was a sight for sore eyes after straining to see 6mm, 15mm or 28mm figures on other tables, especially as the ceiling lights were so high up. There was a nice mixture of Britains Detail, Hat, Italeri and other makers all painted up nicely. I'm waiting for Dave to send some pics to upload here.

I arrived late to participate in the Napoleonic game but was invited to participate in a game emplying Hero click and other brands in 28mm scale. A modern city had been invaded by assorted bad guys and creepy crawly aliens. Various super heroes were busy fighting these and saving civilians. My choice of character looked a little like Wonder Woman in a top had - nice assets and all that. She could stop time, turn invisible and use her magical powers to advantage but in the end it was her left hook which knocked out the bad guy to save Aquaman! I left the game just as a giant turtle creature from the Japanese B grade SF movie genre arrived to help the good guys.

                                                        Celts
      These are rather heavily armored 'Persians'. They will enter Fezian service after re-basing.



                Dark Elf wyches in 54mm or my emplyment of the True Legends female warriors.
                                    Finally, I finished the shields on my Beersteiner militia.
                                  True legend elf archer and 'witch' who will serve as a Death Hag.
                                  Here is the other witch or sorceress who will also be a Death Hag.
                     Armies in Plastic woodland Indians. I picked these up already undercoated, which had been part of Dave Bryant/Tony's collection, which his wife is gradually getting rid of.
                           I managed to finish painting about 140 figures in six days.




Comments

  1. A loud Huzzah to you for such an excellent painting effort.Hopefully we will see them in action very soon!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts