Sprucing Up Basic Medieval Paint Jobs With Washes.

I bought these medieval Italeri from E-Bay as I like the halberd men and the sculpting of Italeri. The faces have nice detail, although hands and feet are often undersized. I liked the red paint scheme but there was no shading and the faces were bland, except for some crazed looking eyes, occasionally cross-eyed. I decided to use some washes, a red wash, a flesh wash and a black wash. Reikland flesh wash from GW is my favorite flesh wash. It took me half an hour to shade the figures. Later I'll add some more detail and re-paint the eyes.

















Comments

  1. Nice figures but they need to lay off the lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly Tony, which is why I gave them the Games Workshop Flesh wash to tone the whole thing down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts