Supreme Ancient Egyptians

Supreme Egyptians look a lot like Atlantic Egyptians. I'm not sure if they were based on the same. Most of these figures are Supreme figures with an Atlantic and another figure who looks more like a Sea person and the company I have forgotten; this last one has the tight head covering and triangular sword with round shield. 

The Supreme figures come with a basic paint job which could pass muster for wargames but I decided to re-paint and went for a green and white paint scheme. I was tempted to use blue, as I did in my skeleton warrior paint scheme but blue was a scarce color in ancient times. Colors that the ancient Egyptians commonly used were yellow, red, green and black with white being the main color for cloth, at least with the rank and file. They did invent a synthetic blue, 'Egyptian blue' but I am guessing it was mostly used by the upper class. I'd be interested if anyone can find information to the contrary. They were at least more advantaged than ancient Greeks who did not even have a word for blue.

My fictional fantasy world includes both ancient and medieval types. An enemy of Fezia in the South-East is Matra which is (very) loosely based on ancient Egypt, Rome and Greece, the name a combination of Mark Anthony and Cleopatra. .








Comments

  1. Nice Figs James. Are they the same size as Atlantic ones? I think some of the poses were direct copies of Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the same size. I replaced many of the weapons that were to bendy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts