Monster Mash With Assorted Dragons And Dinosaurs

I have been collecting assorted dinosaurs for mounts for fantasy cavalry. Most of them were one or two dollars each from the flea markets.  I am doing the pig goblin cavalry featured in another post and also plan to do Dark Elves in 1/32 scale and possibly Vikings also on dinosaurs.

It is interesting how the depiction carnivorous dinosaurs have changed. The older pre-Jurassic Park ones are stockier and slower looking whilst the later ones are more bird like and faster looking. I find the latter scarier as I imagine it would be harder to escape them. I think I have a soft spot for the old style as it reminds me of the clay animation in old movies.

I finally picked up some decent sized dragons, suitable for large dragons in 1/32 scale. The two big ones I got today at the local Trash and Treasure market for about $8 each.


    Humanoid figures for scale. The 28mm winged figure appears to have lost an arm - hungry blighters those dragons. The 1/32 Italeri knight may have his work cut out for him.


  2 versions of Godzilla and a harmless looking wingless cartoon dragon which looks about as fierce as a cow.
  Left: GW dragon with Dark Elf sorceress rider who is 28mm. Right: one of the extra big dragons I picked up today/

                                          Improvized pig goblin and papo dragon with two heads

Godzilla is a big boy.
                                           That's one brave Britains shield knight!


Comments

Popular Posts