Playmobile Roman Galley

This is one of my Easter ACOTS acquisitions from Bob (who has a large fleet of them). It is a very nice model, although I'll replace the ship shields with ones at 54mm scale.

I have placed my Timpo Romans with it for scale comparison.

                                     Below, shown with my steam boat for size comparison



On an additional note i wonder who the Timpo Vikings were meant to fight? I guess they could have fought the Vikings  who could take the place of contemporary assorted barbarians, or the Arabs who could also be used as assorted Near Eastern tribesmen. I expect they also could fight each other with different colored tunics and plumes governing the sides. As a child I never has more than to or three. Wouldn't it have been great if they had made Egyptians?

Comments

  1. Another excellent post of inspiration James - it reminds me that I have a Playmobil Viking longship stashed away and about three Timpo vikings to man it. I have More Timpo arabs as Generic tribal enemies ... The Timpo Vikings were never around much to buy but were excellent selfcoloured figures. I narrowly missed buying a Playmobil Roman warship and dozens of their African warriors affordable at reduced price from a toy shop that was closing down a few years ago - shop was gone a few days later when I returned. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Vikings were a later range but they are lovely figures, showing the peak of Timpo sculpting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts