More Mongols And Saracens

Early in the year I bought these Italeri Saracens and Mongols at a Melbourne trash and treasure market. The previous owner had painted them but not up to the standard or color I wanted so I have repainted 60%. In history they might not have been turned out so well but I wanted certain colors to unify the units. I haven't made them completely uniform but have used purple, red and yellow as my main colors for the Mongols and light purple for the Saracens.

Here they are after major re-painting and basing with some base work still to be done.


I also had a box of unpainted Mongols so I have now started the undercoating process for these.

When I have finished painting them all and add these to my existing painted Mongols I'll have about four units of mounted Mongols of 14 figures each, divided into light and medium units. I haven't worked out my Saracen mounted numbers yet but most of them consist of Britains Detail Turks and Arabs.

The Mongols served as mercenaries in the Bogavania versus Beerstein war.They were great fun to wargame with as they could harass the enemy from a distance before skedaddling from slower moving foes. With a little artistic license they could also pass as Chinese irregular (Mongol) cavalry for the Boxer Rebellion period when they still used bows. (If this was my primary use for them I would also give some muskets and rifles).

Comments

Popular Posts