A Wild Assortment Of Finds From ACOTS 2018

My tastes and interests are varied and these reflect my purchases and swaps.

I don't know the brand of the brown Indian but eventually he will be painted and given a horse. The very statuesque Beton Chief is the model Noble Savage.
                                       I always like to find new and interesting civilians to inhabit my little Wars tons. The middle figure, I think, was from a game but he would make a nice spy and will be painted eventually.
                        The figure with the flag looks like he has a Japanese and Chinese face.
                             These two, especially the nun, are somewhat smaller than 54 mm but I couldn't resist them. The nun would make a good spy and the slob with remote and beer can sit on my TV!
                                     The violin player will take his place in my Mexican display.
                                         This metal hollowcast hobo will go in my civilian display.  I don't know the brand. I have always been fascinated by this way of carrying stuff, ever since I saw it in a children's book when i was a child. I once made a similar figure from a plastic conversion.

                                          This plastic figure appears to be an Indian squaw with a fish.
                                          Pointy ears bat figure will go into my undead army.
                                       Im not sure what I'll do with the prehistoric flying reptile yet but he might become  statue. The pirate will eventually be painted and join the other pirates.
                                         The Cafe Storm harpist will entertain my medieval kings.
                                       This figure will get a repaint as a Spaniard, a Mexican or a French officer.
                               
      This charming little drummer will join one of my American Revolution regiments.
                                                       I love the 'space women'.
                I like this goblin with his hanging pointy nose and he'll join my 1/32 orc army. I might replace his spears with arrows and bow.
                                    This is a really nice pilot for my funny little Wars games.
   These 60 mm Cherilea figures look either Napoleonic or Crimean War. They are really nicely sculpted.
                                 I envisage painting this baby bear and placing him as a 'dancing bear' in a medieval scene 9even though the practice reeks of cruelty).
                           I like to pick up religious figures like this Britains member of the clergy.

                   This fellow is fairly collectible, normally but I got him for very little. it will be a challenge to repair the musical instrument and I might change him to a seated figure to place on one of my medieval wagons.
          This is a Riddler figure somewhat smaller than 54 mm but he'll go in the civilian shelf.
                        I bought a bag of fifty odd ceremonial figures, relatively cheaply, and including Cresent, Herald, Cherilea and Lone Star. Some of them will, after suitable painting, be conscripted into my Funny Little Wars armies. They worked out around thirty cents a figure.
   I love this hard plastic hollow camel. As Alan said, he looks sort of proud. The camel will be taken down a peg or two ones I add reins and a load for him to carry.
          Mammoth. One day he will get  howdah and some Vikings or cave men to ride on his back!
                            Warhammer Undead 'chariot thingy' - I forget the name - which I got from Military Hobbies in Adelaide. It was already assembled and undercoated and I bought it for a third of the price it is new. I haven't decided if I'll paint it or resell it.
                                                               French soldier.

I also bought, very cheaply, a pile of AIP, Conte and Call to Arms Zulus and Brits in pith helmets. They were painted poorly so I am in the process of stripping the paint by soaking them for a few weeks in dish washing liquid before giving them a good scrub with a toothbrush.

My main motivation for getting figures is usually that I either like them as individual figures - well sculpted, unusual or quaint or thy can be used in my wargame armies. their rarity is also a factor but usually I am not obsessed with collecting sets or certain colors.

Anyone who wants to identify figures is welcome to comment.


Comments

  1. A nice haul James, the hobo is by Johillco, the Napoleonic officer in bicorne hat was made in Italy by Res Plastics and came inside Kinder Eggs, the French soldier in the last picture is by Starlux.

    Best wishes, Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I like Kinder Egg figures as they are usually well sculpted and have nice faces.

      Delete
  2. What an varied and interesting collection of figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bear is MPC. the pirate is MPC. French soldier is Starlux the minstrel is Crescent and was made unpainted as it is a cereal premium. thebrown Indian is Timmee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info and thanks also for your blog. I enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts