ACOTS 2018 Acquisitions 3 From Popeye To Polish Lancer

"Popeye', created by Bud Sagendorf, is one of my favorite cartoon characters so I was glad to pick up the plastic Popeye and Olive Oil. I love that style of cartoon with the wildly exaggerated features. I don't know the maker of the figures. They are a little smaller than 1/32. I usually only collect the comics rather than the figures but I have made yet another exception. 







 This is a Polish lancer from Poland, of all places. he is a hard plastic figure who has lost his feathers. Bryan, who was the previous owner had made some from a Britains red Indian but had lost them. I remember an old issue of plastic Warrior featuring a polish lancer converted from Britains Detail figures. If anyone has made such a conversion I'd be interested in how the feathers were added, for example, what the attachment looked like on the back. I would like to have about twelve or so of these figures as a wargame unit. Although they historically were best known for defeating Turks I'd most likely use them in many fantasy settings.

Comments

Popular Posts