More ACOTS 2018 Aquisitions


Here are some other figures I bought in Adelaide.

The Cafe Storme figures are very nicely sculpted hard plastic figures that paint up very nicely. I'm not sure what the Celt held but probably a spear; he looks like he is examining his cigar. I particularly like the druid as I collect priests of whatever religion.
                               A collection of Indians that might well become Barsoomians. The first two are MPC. I forget the brands of the other two but I think the prone one is Hilco. I especially like the one shielding his eyes.
                            A Cafe Storme cantinerie girl is just hat I need for my Gerolstein army.
                Here are some of a bulk bargain deal in Britains FFL. The ones not shown here were rifle men but lacking rifles. Fortunately I have spare DSG ones. Most of the ones in the photo are officers, not that useful for a wargame army.
                            Another bargain deal was a heap of Cal To Arms and AIP British colonial and Zulus, with a few Conte. The paint jobs were not an attraction as alot of them are flaking off and indifferently done. There are a few cowboy conversions here.

  This lot have gone into the dish washing liquid I use to remove paint. The mix is about half detergent and half water. They have been soaking about week and the paint is coming off even without scrubbing with a toothbrush. (For old battered Britains I use methylated spirits).

Comments

  1. Some great figures. I particularly like the Cafe Storm ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice haul James, the celt is blowing a tumpet/horn and the prone indian in the next photo is by Gemodels, it was made as a cake topper. Here in England a lot of us use Detol pine disinfectant to strip paint off plastic figures, it works ovenight but leaves a gooey mess of paint which you need detergent to clean off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts