Abyssinian/Lionian Recruit


This is a simple conversion from the Airfix Japanese. Only the head is altered with cap trimmed and topped with putty crown. I had already done a number of these and forgot to finish this one which I completed recently. The uniform is based on a historical one from the 20th century and was worn by regulars fighting Mussolini's invading army in the 1930s. In my fictitious world he is a Lionian. So far the Lionians have fought off Bordurians (1920s), Cortezians (Mexicans in the late 19th century) and Ruritanians in early 20th century, although the latter had some success.


Comments

  1. Missed seeing this first time round - Brilliant and simple conversion. I think the Airfix Japanese infantry are such useful figures for conversion and repaint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have a largish box full of Japanese - Airfix and Chinese copies. I am eventually going to convert twenty odd of the marching ones into italian volunteers n the greek army for the balkan wars. They wore red jackets and puttees. I'm also thinking about making some into WW1 era Japanese with a different style of peaked cap 9like the Abyssinians).

    I might also make some into grey uniformed Chinese early 20th century.

    The Japanese facial features on the Airfix are good and also pass as Africans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts