AIP Black Watch And Hilco Gordon Highlanders, Tropical Dress.

My Hilco Highlanders are close to finished and I decided to compare them to my plastic AIP Black Watch.


First up are these two ranks of AIP Black Watch I painted a few years ago. These have a model finish and are based.

              Below I have replaced the kneeling AIP with my Hilco kneeling Gordon Highlanders. The latter have more of a toy finish but with more detail than the original paint jobs. They will be varnished n a satin finish.








I will base the Hilco on plain sand colored card bases and eventually i'll find a standing ran although I don't think Hilco did a suitable standing pose. I might use AIP plastics or something else in metal. the Hilco are chunkier than Britains hollowcast but are a little smaller than AIP but when based they will be fine with the AIP figures.

I still have a number of these Hilco kneeling but mostly needing repairs to the rifles. I may start yet another highlander regiment.

Comments

  1. From here they seem to fit reasonably well. For me its the head size that matters most.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts