Conte Confederates

I'm not a huge fan of Conte, mostlybecause of the rubbery plastic leading to bendy weapons and the scale which is bigger than most of my ACW troops.  However, they are nicely sculpted figures.

I painted these Confederates in a fairly 'official'  uniform in light blue regular trim for infantry with dark blue kepi band. Blanket rolls coulf be in just about any color.



                                       This one is the odd man out and he is intended for the Texan War of Independence or the Mexican War. I painted him as a New Orleans Gray which fought for Texas. They also wore slouch hats. If I wanted him as a US regular for the mexican War i'd just paint him light blue with dark blue cap. he could also be used as a Confederate with Mexican war cap painted dark blue.



       As is often the case, I spotted, from the photos, a few places wear paint work needs tidying up.

Comments

Popular Posts