The 'Unknown region' And Current Projects

Where is the 'Unknown region'? Apparently my recent viewers include seven people from there. Is it a secret base on the Moon? Perhaps it is evidence for the Hollow Earth theory or an underground land in Antarctica. maybe it is an aquatic civilisation. My mind boggles. But that is a good title for a portion of my fantasy campaign map.

As for my current projects, my Brewster Buffalo is being painted but as I used enamels I'm waiting for the yellow wings and silver body to dry before I progress further. The gloss enamel reds and yellows seem to take longest to dry.

Some of my earlier hollowcast repairs have been temporarily shelved but I'll get back to them.

A plastic Napoleonic Italeri Bavarian fell on the floor and was stood on; his legs snapped off from his feet and had to be Super glued back. This probably would not have broken if it hadn't been painted. Something in the painting, undercoating or overcoating process must make the plastic more brittle although, of course it is best not to stand on one's figures. Why does Super Glue prove to be not so super when trying to glue anything other than fingers? It seemed to take ages for it to take.

I am now up to book six in the Lost Regiment series by William R Forstchen, averaging one book per three days. That alien world is rapidly developing WW1 technology and not just because of a clever Yankee engineer but because a new ogreish alien has entered from the portal to lord it over the other eight foot aliens and his world is technologically equivalent to twentieth century Earth. So we are now seeing more advanced zeppelins, steam tanks, mortars and breech loading rifles side by side with bow and spear armed Mongolish aliens but on the alien side. it is a slow progress for him as the local aliens are set in their ways but gradually they are coming to dismount and use modern infantry tactics.

It is interesting to see parallels with Earth battles. A human cavalry command was previously wiped out, with overtones of Custer's last Stand and humans gave up their capital and pursued a scorched earth campaign as they retreated - tones of Russia in WW2,

I still have to base some of my ancients to prepare for the next wargame, coming up at the end of the week.

I obtained some free wooden sets of drawers from the hard rubbish collection and they will house my ACW artillery.

Comments

  1. I have had visitors from the Unknown Region - I thought it might be The Past as they do things differently there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts