Reject Shop Stuff - Mats, Terrain And Robots

While it is rare these days that I find any interesting plastic toy soldiers there I do sometimes find stuff that I can use for the toy soldier hobby. Here is what I found today:


                                 This is a $12 rubber door-mat from the reject Shop , but I never saw one like this before. What does it remind you of? It is a durable hex map, or even a terrain mat for small scale wargaming. I think I could draw on it with markers. An option would be to place clear plastic over the top and draw on that. The hexes ae smaller than those in my GW fantasy map.
      Here it is again with my other find - an aquarium plastic plant. I got the price down to half as the base was cracked so it cost three dollars. This was in Cheap as Chips. I place a 54 mm Russian made SF figure next to it for scale. It is quite attractive terrain, especially for jungle or SF.

                  These robots or armored suits were just $2 from the reject Shop. I don't know if I'll ever use them but given a decent paint job I think they'd look nearly as good as more expensive models. They are around 70mm.
I have to qualify my comment about the robots as after opening the packet i found out that the arms and weapons are hollow and ope at the back, so to really be happy with them I'd have to fill them in with a filler or putty.

Comments

Popular Posts