Two, Cherolet army trucks, Model And Toy And Monogram and Simsons By R.P.


Below are my cheapo trucks I picked up for $1 each. Two I painted olive and one dark field grey.
                            I didn't go just for a pure retro toy soldier style but varnished for a slight sheen (actually with acrylic 'mat' artists' varnish). I also added rust and blood stains! Games Workshop actually makes 'Blood For The Blood God', a gloss sticky looking paint! Some unfortunate soldiers must have been riding in the back.

             Some other trucks - Simsons Ind. Inc. Made in R.P. Does anyone know what that all means?

                             On the right is a Monogram model, made in the USA. It is larger than the cheapo trucks. I'm not sure which is closest to 1/32. I think I got it already assembled and painted it long ago.

              The inept glue stains on windows actually make it look more realistic as they look like road dust.
                       I bought a few of these tin plate vehicles and removed the stylised drivers. It looks like an earlier period vehicle.



Phillip Price from the Army Man Homepage at Facebook let me share this picture of a military Chevy.
It explains to me what my cheapo toys might be based on. 

Comments

Popular Posts