Uses For Wooden Blocks


Not that long ago I bought, from a bazaar, some large, pink painted wooden blocks. I have repainted them grey. 

My intention was to use them to represent castle breeches. But ti also occurred to me to use them to make simple buildings, much like those of HG Wells and Frank Perry. HG Wells used plain wooden blocks with quaint little double chimneys added. Mine have a more exotic feel with the Kali statue and the lizard threatening an intrepid explorer.
Kali is not happy with this intrusion. Note the chaos of my garage bench in the background. If you look closely you will see my ECW still set up in the background.



Well no they wouldn't really be set up like that but it was just a quick improvisation of a coastal defence gun.


                    The blocks remind me a little of the monoliths in 'The Time Machine'.

Comments

Popular Posts