Metal Victorian Or Edwardian British Sailors Painted.

These figures will fight along side my plastic AIP ones so I put them on similar card bases textured with sand. It is a bit of a dilemma to decide what colour or style to do the bases. If I thought they would be exclusively on board ship I'd give them untextured grey bases. The sand bases suggest beach landings or service in the desert. As they have straw hats white tropical uniforms might have been more appropriate but apparently there was a lot of variation and even combination of whites and blues.

The figure running with sword in front is more of an officer pose than enlisted man but I think enlisted naval men could also carry swords. Someone might correct me on this. 

The flag was a bit of a challenge as it is furled but in the end I didn't try to paint all the crosses but suggested some of them.






Comments

Popular Posts