More Indian Painting

Today I did some more tidying up of the Indians. The bows are now painted. I could have used human hair, dolls hair or fine fuse wire for bow strings but didn't want to spend that much time on the figures. Many also still need reins and saddle blankets. 

Below are the three Blue Box riders. The loin cloths were merely painted on and I didn't even remove the 'Made in Hong Kong' from their butts. These are among my favourite toy 
Indians.
             One has buckskin coloured leggings but the others remained true to their original factory colour. The head dresses were repainted. The skin is just the plastic colour but with eyes and lips painted. The shields were also repainted. The horses, which are not Blue Box, have been left unpainted.
                                             Copies of Britains Detail with bows painted.
             Here are my latest acquisitions painted although I left the bow as bare plastic. The skin colour is paint a slightly different shade to the plastic.

                                This figure I painted some time ago and is a remould of a Cherilea Indian. I love this pose as it is so full of animation and life.






                                         This Indian's horse has stumbled on a prairie dog hole.





Comments

Popular Posts