Fantasy Figures And Bosch's 14h Century Vision Of Hell.

 I love fantasy figures. There are a few reasons for this. Firstly, I like to read fantasy books and watch fantasy movies. Also I like the freedom to paint and convert them any way which takes my fancy. I enjoy borrowing or making up various rules and backgrounds for them.

Below can be seen a Games Workshop Chaos tower resting on a polystyrene rock with stairs. On the balcony is what I call a Chaos witch but it is a Eureka Miniatures metal figure of a bird woman with a fish baby! It is inspired by the late 15th century painter H Bosch who painted visions of Hell with many weird combinations of man, animal and object. Below is a plastic tree man from Reaper Bones miniatures.
                              Now you can see a strange barrel man, also inspired by Bosch.
           I painted the tree man with white spotted red fungus on its 'ankles'. (Don't all fungus in fantasy worlds have red and white spot paint schemes?)
   The barrel man had three plastic skulls added to the base to support a foot. They were off some unidentified children's toy.
       I painted the flesh a sickly dead looking shade. but wanted some colur so made him a red head.

   The legs looked like those of a colourful mercenary soldier so got the multiple bright colour treatment.

    The Eureka metal giant is obviously designed to look stupid with a foot in a vessel and a hand in a boot. I guess stupidity tests would be in order for any wargame. As I'll be using him for 1/32 games he will be an ogre or troll. One arm looks like a tentacle so he would be appropriate in a Chaos army.


                               Here is the fantastic fish woman exercising her fishy maternal instincts!

Comments

Popular Posts