Paraguans For Congo?

I have always been interested in less well known wars and some years ago I converted African white hunters into Paraguay soldiers for their war with Bolivia in the 1930s. I never got around to wargaming that conflict.

However I can see I'll probably need to bolster numbers for my Congo wargame so will employ them there. They could serve just about any army in the Congo really but I'll most likely use them as Simbas although not entirely accurate given the blanket rolls and dark uniforms. maybe I could also use them as Cubans, although I am guessing they preferred peaked caps. The figures skins were painted fairly dark so they could 'pass' as Africans.



The main conversion work was cutting off the sights on most of the rifles and adding putty blanket rolls. Feet were also cut to resemble bare feet on most of them.

Comments

Popular Posts