War In The Congo 1964

This is my first tentative venture into representing the Congo Civil war of the 1960s.
I had a couple of partially painted WW2 Americans and finished painting them. I haven't really changed them and they could still be used for WW2. The main thing is I have given them dark skin to represent Congo government forces. When I get my Osprey book on the topic I might decide to add different equipment to the figures.

The figure on the left is a Matchbox American and the one on the right is a Chinese copy of Matchbox except that the pose is slightly different. It is also smaller than the original. I quite like the figure although it had a lot of flash.







I added some Testors putty to nose and lips to make the features more African. On reflection the skin tone could have been darker.

My intention is to represent the Congo government forces, Katanga forces, Simba, Belgian paratroopers, UN forces and Belgian civilians.






















































































































Comments

Popular Posts