A Devil Of A Paint Job

My recent purchase of horror figures has provided me with some fun paint jobs and potential for conversions.

Below are the first nearly complete figures. The demon is a nice figure. As the demons will be joining a wargame unit most of them will be given added weapons. The problem with adding weapons to this pose is the position of the hands limit the type of weapon without having the demons stabbing themselves in the heads! The weapons have to be thrusting down. Spears or stabbing edged weapon rather than swiping are needed. It was a simple process of drilling a hole on the right fist.

The other figure who looks like he is at a wrestling match is a cyclops but works as a demon.

                                       Here is the zombie almost complete. I haven't altered the figure but some others will have 'hoodies' added to make them more medieval looking but still useable as modern day.
I did some work on converting other figures and graves and undercoated them. I used clear plastic car undercoat followed by a black enamel spray - big mistake. I should have known as this happened to me once before - the paint will never dry. The only thing for it was to soak them in turpentine and the paint began to come off straight away.

My conversions include work on the grave markers and the use of some of the heads on fantasy knight figures I already had. I'm half way through the latter as I used a different acrylic undercoat system for them.

Comments

Popular Posts