SF Figures40K style From Russia

I bought these small scale (to my standard reference of 54mm) ultra modern to SF figures after seeing them on E-bay. They looked well sculpted and the price was right.

The two types were similar of Games Workshop 40K Imperial Guard and Sisters of Battle. The former are largely human armies in service to the Emperor (a lot of emperors in the future aren't there?)  Many variations exist on the Imperial Guard uniforms and equipment.The Sisters are an order trained to fight and are not in the habit of being hindered by habits. they also serve the Emperor and do so in their wonderfully figure revealing outfits. The only thing is I wanted to include them with my 1/32 or 1/30 collection.


              The little cannons have plastic ammunition and fire the projectiles over five feet. That makes them useful for Funny Little Wars.

                   Sister of battle type with Imperial Guard type, Russian looking figure.
                   It doesn't show here with the skimmer but the Russian figure is a head taller than the GW Dark Eldar figure.  Warhammer humans are 28mm but these figures are around 35mm.
                      Here is one of the new figures next to a 60mm Russian SF figure (of the same company, I think).
Conclusions: They are lovely figures but disappointed me for their size. Most likely I'll paint them at some point. The cannons have practical wargame use. I haven't wargames 40K for ages but I still like the figures. I wonder just how close these new acquisitions are like GW or completely different figures. I tend to think the concept is 'borrowed' but the figures are original.

Comments

Popular Posts