Zombie And Aliens Versus Humans Tube Sets

Yesterday my new sets of figures arrived. There are plenty of useful items.
First up here are the Zombie set ranked from left to rank with my favourites first up at left.

   The zombie dogs are my favourites, The only annoying thing is the one which looks like a doberman is lacking his left rear leg. I could replace that with wire and putty. The second one with all his legs has a head a little like Ren from Ren and Stimpy and I might cut the ears down. Why on earth did I pick these two? They remind me of the Dark Eldar Warp Beasts, the 28mm scale Warhammer 40K figures. They could also be Chaos beasts as well as Undead. I plan to paint them in dark reds. They will join one of my 54mm fantasy armies.

Now, why the zombie girl running with teddy? I do model some of my 54 mm stuff on Warhammer and I have been fascinated by spirit or ghost figures, they can't be 'killed' but they can be defeated, either by magic and magic weapons or by a units bonuses - for extra ranks, having a flag etc, if the total surpasses the total number of casualties inflicted by the spirits. This running figure painted white and then given a green or blue wash will look great as charging ghosts. I'll remove most of the teddies and keep them for something else.
                                 Zombies rising from graves are great to mark where wizards are summoning undead when it takes more than one turn or it is scheduled.  The graves are useful but I already have a stack frm my horror set.
        The rest are mainly zombies with some humans. Big head syndrome rules as do very wide, impossibly wide grimaces or screams on the living. The girl with head in her hand is a nice touch although she suffers frm falling down syndrome due to the flexible plastic.
                The dark grey running figure I could even use in my Congo game as a fleeing civilian! The last two figures have the biggest heads and actually remind me of Simpsons figures so high are their craniums!

NEXT: Aliens Versus Humans:

Again I organise figures from left to right from most favourite at left.

                                 First figure I call Rosie The Riveter. although the head is a little large I like the face and head scarf, along with the jeans shirt and jacket. The shoes are later than the Rosie figure I was thinking of and are more 1950s or later . I am going to do two versions, one with different more old fashioned shoes. Next figure I call Alice with rolling pin! I am going to remove the pin and either leave without object in hand or replace with various weapons, you know, axes, assault rifles, that kind of thin. Alice in Wonderland, I think had a light blue dress. I suppose one of the aliens could convert into a caterpillar. Or I could use one of those rubbery, sticky Britians aliens which looks like it has a cat head! Ahh the workings of fertile imagination! The third figure could be a human or an alien and has a very 1950s SF look to him. I'll probably paint him in silver suit. I just realised I left out another such figure which has radio or device with antennae instead of gun. Next we have the little alien bloke with hair dryer but why; he has no hair? Maybe he wants to help Alice or maybe it is meant to be a gun. Fifth figure is a willowy figure which could also be painted as a ghost or zombie. Sixth figure is weird but that is the aim. Obviously it could also be used in fantasy settings. But what does the head remind you of? That's right a horse. How about a zombie horse head to transplant on a regular horse? Sor far my skeltons and vampires ride regular horses painted black or white with red eyes but this head would really do the trick.
                                      here is the Fonze and his little bro. Obviously civilian figures have a lot of uses, especially for the odd riot, prey for zombies and alien invaders, someone to watch a tank parade in Hungary etc. The little one could be using that crowbar at night to get into the lolly shop.The aliens don't have any devices or weapons so they could be non sentient or sentient. The first creature looks a little like one I saw in Doctor Who and also something from Lovecraft. The cyclops four legged beast is a nice touch. maybe I could have a heard of them in the wilds of Bogavania or somewhere.
  The third last looks alien alright or it is a bad case of acne on a sausage dog. Second last is a bit too smiley and squat and the last one is just running around not doing much.

Comments

Popular Posts