Science Fiction Statue

 I like Science Fiction and Fantasy at least as much as history so it is only natural I tinker around with some new SF modelling ideas. The catalyst for this one was the crazy large scale 'army man' with long hair.

So, after fixing his right arm, adding the shoulder pad and base refuse and gluing him to a spray paint top I spray painted him with Chaos Black - yes Games Workshop has those great paint names. Next I solidly dry brushed the whole thing with a dark bronze acrylic hobby paint followed by dry brushing lightly with bright bronze.



Assorted stuff on the base included an alien type head meant to be here a robot head, a pineapple poker from a can, assorted plastic and brass tube sections and some plastic gas tanks from an unidentified source.






 Here he is shown with two 1/32 (54mm) figures. The one on the left is just a modern infantry Chinese cheapo. The head is just a little big for the body but I painted him with blue skin, inspired by 'Rogue Trooper' comics. So he is a mutant or an alien. The cool female figure could be a cop or a Galactic princess - take your pick.

  Next he is shown with 28mm scale Space Marines. Two of them are from Space Crusade, an early board game set from Games Workshop. These were the first GW figures I painted except my initial paint scheme was cammo, something Space Marines tend not to wear.The outer left one is metal and from Inquisition Miniatures, which was based in Adelaide and I heard GW tried to sue them for copying their ideas although the figures are original sculpts. The funny thing is I preferred the Inquisition figures to GW. I acquired a few of the figures over the years onn my Adelaide trips, mainly the orks. They ceased making figures some years ago.





I am going to coat the statue in a thin coat of PVA and then add some green weathering powder followed by artist fixative. 

I see the statue as honouring the memory of a hero of the 'Robot Wars' of 2162. I figure on using it as a piece of scenery and cover for a SF game. It can work with both the smaller and larger scale.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts