Britains Detail US Cavalry Conversion

This cavalry figure I bought second hand. Someone had changed the head and cut off the hand which held a carbine. 

How strange it was that cavalry figures were made holding both swords and carbines so I wasn't too unhappy that he held only a sword. I decided to make his pose more convincing so cut off the left arm at the elbow and re-attached with wire and glue to face inwards as if holding reins. I had to add a hand from putty. In the process the head came off and I re-attached it with wire and glue.

The shirt and cap had been painted grey by the previous owner. I decided to have the rider as a Federal and repainted the cap dark blue. I decided to leave the shirt grey as it was a common colour for federal issue shirts.







 

Comments

Popular Posts