Those Sneaky Fezians!

 So far we have reached Move Three in our game. There have been battles every move but in addition I have discovered a Fezian army has penetrated deep into Beerstein territory!

I thought I had all approaches covered and relied on the river to block other areas. Initially I had said the  river would be crossable only at roads which would have bridges. Then I relented after Mat's profession to not have heard and I said they could be crossed if crossings could be found. So Mat had taken that for granted and bypassed my large armies to arrive behind them at a small garrisoned tower. Strictly speaking, he should have lost a move looking for crossings. We did confirm his army could cross if it tested in three places in the hex he crossed at - pretty generous at a roll of 5-6 each time. (I think I'll change that to sixes!) So he rolled to confirm and found three crossings!

So I have been tearing my hair out thinking of all the lightly garrisoned villages he could ransack. I asked Mat if he had his supplies with him. He did but had only two wagons to transport the 'credits', insufficient, so I said we would assume he had around six wagons, to be paid for later. 

I checked the orders my local armies had and was having trouble interpreting any to mean they could enter the tower hex to engage the interlopers. My king was racing South in a flying column to give the order but he was still far away! Then I saw the glimmer of hope; one of my armies was instructed to move into another hex to 'guard' it; never mind the enemy had already passed through it! But then. after hours of lost sleep, it hit me; our rule is that wheeled vehicles arrive from reserve - that is wagons and cannons. My force had arrived in the hex where those wagons and two cannons would be still located! Hurrah! That is a capture for sure and a boost to my forces as well as cutting off these Fezians from food and ammo.

Still, Mat's force can do some damage and steal some supplies before hunger sets in and his army starts to become less effective.

Meanwhile my other army fighting the Fezians has a third battle to fight against Fezian reinforcements.

Stay tuned!

A 'paws' in the battle!



Comments

Popular Posts